Assessment Time Frame: Minimum four (4) weeks.
- To encourage employers to train un or under employed individuals and/or employees who are at risk of layoff, or to improve employability by enabling them to access a broader range of occupations OR employees who require language, literacy or numeric training through contributions for training costs.
- The type of training requested must meet current or future skill needs.
- To retrain employees who skills are redundant due to technological, market or regulatory change.
Aboriginal Bands/Tribal Councils;
Not-for-profit employers; (less than 100 employees)
- Aboriginal & non-aboriginal companies (sole proprietors, partnerships)
- Aboriginal & non-aboriginal corporations without share capital;
- Churches and religious organizations;
- Community groups, charitable and voluntary organizations;
- Associations of workers and employers, professional and industrial organizations;
- Boards of Trade and Chambers of Commerce;
- Ad hoc groups;
- Public health and public educational institutions;
- Municipal governments;
For-profit employers; (less than 100 employees)
ALL FOR-PROFIT BUSINESSES/ORGANIZATIONS MUST BE OPERATIONAL FOR A PERIOD OF 1 YEAR OR MORE
- Aboriginal and non-aboriginal companies (sole proprietors, partnerships);
- Aboriginal & non-aboriginal corporations with share capital;
- Self-employed aboriginal persons;
- Federal corporations;
- Provincial corporations;
- Private health and private education institutions.
- Must be First Nation/Inuit;
- For one (1) or more participants;
- Must be working age;
- No longer required by law to attend school;
- Current employees either newly hired or employed with Employer for a longer period at risk to lose employment;
- Priority to those at risk of lay off due to technological changes in worksite, or training which will allow them to access broader range of occupation;
- Training is intended to meet current of future skill requirements.
Activities, Duration, & Cost
Activities: Off-the job or on-the-job training in occupational skills as well as language, literacy or numeracy.
Duration: Negotiable. May be part time or full time.
Eligible Costs: the following are eligible costs, subject to negotiations.
- Training costs only;
- Trainers must have recognized credentials;Training may occur on or off site, depending on cost efficiency, Sponsor needs and other factors.
Approval and Application Process:
- Program Officer reviews proposal content and poses assessment questions to sponsor.
- Projects under $50,000 are reviewed and approved internally at SASET.
- Projects $50,000 and over are reviewed internally and then approved SASET Advisory Committee at their next convened meeting.
* It takes a minimum of four (4) weeks to assess a proposal.
* The following documents are required:
- Cover letter
- Completed and signed original WBT application
- Band Council Resolution (BCR) or board motion decision sheet
- Copy of instructors/trainers resumes
- Detailed training plan (include dates, time frames, number of hours, activities, and objectives)
- Course outlines and locations for any off-site training
- Specify or outline Sonsor/Partner contributions
- ASARET or WOP can be included in this partnering of funds