Assessment Time Frame: Minimum six (6) weeks.
To provide funding for eligible participants who may attend institutional training from public or registered private institutions for various accredited vocational training programs.
Aboriginal Bands/Tribal Councils;
Not-for-profit employers; (less than 100 employees)
- Aboriginal & non-aboriginal companies (sole proprietors, partnerships)
- Aboriginal & non-aboriginal corporations without share capital;
- Churches and religious organizations;
- Community groups, charitable and voluntary organizations;
- Associations of workers and employers, professional and industrial organizations;
- Boards of Trade and Chambers of Commerce;
- Ad hoc groups;
- Public health and public educational institutions;
- Municipal governments;
For-profit employers; (less than 100 employees)
ALL FOR-PROFIT BUSINESSES/ORGANIZATIONS MUST BE OPERATIONAL FOR A PERIOD OF 1 YEAR OR MORE
- Aboriginal and non-aboriginal companies (sole proprietors, partnerships);
- Aboriginal & non-aboriginal corporations with share capital;
- Self-employed aboriginal persons;
- Federal corporations;
- Provincial corporations;
- Private health and private education institutions.
- The client must be status/non status/Inuit, living on or off reserve within the SASET catchment area;
- Have met with a SASET employment counselor, to complete a “long term vocational application package”
- Is the client un or under employed (working less than 20 hours per week),
- The client must complete and sign the Personal Information Form (PIF) and Client Consent (CC) form,
- Has the client completed high school, have they been out of school for at least two years:
- National Occupational Classification (NOC) linked to employment
Activities, Duration, & Cost
Activities: Accredited Vocational Training Courses.
Duration: Negotiable. Up to 10 to 12 months.
Eligible Costs: the following are eligible costs, subject to negotiations.
- Accredited Training Costs (purchase of training course and materials from public or registered private institutions);
- Participant Allowance:
- Participants collecting Employment Insurance (EI), remain on EI.
- Arrangements if client is on Social Assistance, they remain on Social Assistance during the duration of the course.
- Travel allowances based on individual applicaiton
- Special costs are negotiable for participants with disabilities.
Approval and Application Process
- Program Officer reviews proposal content and poses assessment questions to sponsor
- Demonstrated eligible participant listing.
- Projects under $50,000 are reviewed and approved internally at SASET.
- Projects over $50,000 are reviewed internally and then approved by SASET Advisory Committee at their next convened meeting.
* It takes a minimum of six (6) weeks to assess a proposal.
* The following documents are required:
- Cover letter
- Completed and signed original DCP application
- Band Council Resolution (BCR) or board motion decision sheet (if applicable)
- Copy of instructors/trainers resumes
- Detailed training plan (include dates, time frames, number of hours, activities, and objectives)
- Course outlines and locations for any off-site training
- Specify or outline Sponsor/Partner Contribution
- Completion of participant Long term vocational applicaiton package
- Demonstration of finanacial sustainability during training